Monday, August 31, 2009

Zucchini Bread


So my neighbors had some really big zucchini, so I had to do my thing with them. Zucchini bread, would be good, so I thought, so I decided to use the big zucchini for that.

Ingredients
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cup white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini

Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in zucchini until well combined. Pour batter into pans.
Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for twenty minutes and serve.

This was a delicious recipe. You can't really taste the zucchini, but it does make it healthier which is aways good. Based on the amount I've eaten of the bread in the past few hours, I don't need to eat veggies for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment