Monday, August 24, 2009

Grilled Pork Chops with Cherry Tomatoes and Garlic Butter

Pigs are the ultimate, magical animal. They come in so many shapes, sizes and tastes. You can have pork, bacon, and pork chops. For this post there was a recipe in one of my moms magazines. So I decided to try my hand at grilling once again.

4 tbs butter at room temperature
1 clove garlic. finely chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme
4 1 inch thick bone-in pork chops
kosher salt and black pepper
2 pounds cherry tomatoes

Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic and thym; set aside.

Season the pork with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper and grilll until cooked though, 6 to 7 minutes per side

Meanwhile, divide the tomatoes among 2 pieces of heavy duty foil and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Close to form 2 pouches. Grill the pouches alongside the pork, gently shaking occasionally, for 8 minutes.

Top the pork chops and tomatoes with the garlic butter just before serving.

This was a good recipe, even though I did not eat the tomatoes, because I really dislike them. I may have overcooked the pork a bit, but it was still very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment