Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pinkberry Frozen Yogurt

A popular frozen yogurt chain is pinkberry. My sister and I were first introduced to it a few months ago, and ever since our trip to California, my sister has been "obsessed" with it. Its good, and you'll eat the sweetish frozen yogurt with anything from mangoes and raspberries to Fruity Pebbles. So I decided to try and make it using a recipe I found a recipe found from the food network magazine.

2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
2 cups plain nonfat or reduced-fat Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup superfine sugar
3 tbs light corn syrup
fresh fruit or other toppings for garnish

1. Whisk both yogurts, the sugar and corn syrup in a bowl until combined. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. For a soft consistency, serve right out of the ice cream maker. For a firmer texture, transfer the yogurt to a covered container and freeze for up to 2 hours. Serve with toppings.

This was actually a pretty good recreation of the pinkberry yogurt. It wasn't perfect the actual stuff was better than what I made, but it was still very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment