Friday, August 14, 2009

Cooking Class 5

So for the last day of our cooking class, our focus today was deserts. We made a lot of delicious dishes. Our non desert dish was a Cobb salad, made with lettuce, egg, turkey, bacon, and some sauce. So now for our desert dishes, we made crepes first. The crepes were easy and good, I definitely want to make them at home, with a bit of nutella, or a bit of lemon juice and sugar. Then we made beignets, which are french donuts and are famous at the cafe del monde at New Orleans. We also made chocolate cookies and when I brought some home, I quote "These are some of the best cookies I have ever had. Period." Thanks Mom! Another desert was an apple tart with a hazelnut crust. It was very good, although it was probably the least favorite of my deserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment