Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pay day Cookies

Sometimes, when you are hungry you just need something easy to make. Something that is delicious, serves a lot of people, and reminds you of great memories. One of those recipes for me is these pay day cookies. They taste somewhat like pay day candy bars, are easy to make, and they are literally some of the most addicting food I have ever eaten.
Ingredients
1 package yellow cake mix
1/3 cup butter
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups peanut butter chips
2 cups salted peanuts
1 1/2 cup rice cereal
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together the cake mix, 1/3 cup butter, and the egg. Press into the bottom of one 9X13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 18 minutes or until the marshmallows begin to puff.
In a suacepan over medium heat cook corn syrup, 1/4 cup butter, vanilla and peanut butter chips until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the peanuts and cereal, and spread over the cake part, spreading to cover. Allow to cool before serving.

Like I said this was a good recipe. I doubled the topping part, just to make them even richer and more unhealthy but I didn't exactly make these things to lose weight. If I wanted to do that I would have left out the rice cereal, c'mon that stuff is so unhealthy.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you took these to school and they weren't hanging around the house for me to eat all day! They were good.

    ReplyDelete