Monday, June 15, 2009

Strawberry Pie

So I had to make a dessert for my family during a party. I didn't want to make anything too hard, and I had some strawberries on hand(courtesy of my mom), so i decided to make a pie. It is pretty easy to make, I just got the recipe out of some cookbook I found.

1 qt. fresh strawberries
1.5 cups water

1.5 cups sugar

4 tbsp cornstarch

1 package strawberry Jello ( 3 oz)

You put the strawberries in a pie shell, the mix together the sugar, cornstarch and .5 cups of water in a bowl. Then you boil 1 cup of water and add the jello until is dissolves, and then you put it in the cornstarch-sugar mixture. Stir it together, and let it cool, then pour it over the strawberries in the pie shell, and let it refrigerate for a few yours. And you're done.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yah! Your first post. Good job Ben. Just remember to pre-bake the pie shell first since you used a pre-made one from the freezer section. Just bake according to directions on the package. (about 10 minutes plus cooling)

    ReplyDelete
  2. comment via chad (boy devouring said strawberry pie) "whoa"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ben, thanks for the pie. It was good. I can't remember the last time I had strawberry pie but yours was pretty good. Hey maybe your next dish can be something with beef and egg noodles. Nini makes something called 'braised beef and noodles' and it is one of my all time favorites. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete